Attention - City of Pflugerville residence under Stage 3 Water Restrictions effective September 13, 2019
September 11, 2019
The City of Pflugerville will move to Stage 3 Water Restrictions on Friday, September 13, 2019 at 10 a.m.
“Due to evaporation, hot temperatures and lack of rainfall, we need residents to conserve water immediately to decrease our average daily usage at the water plant,” Public Works Director Suzette Robinson said. “Water demand is exceeding what we are able to process. Our plant has exceeded 90% capacity, and Pflugerville water customers must conserve now to avoid future water rationing.”
In August of 2018, water usage was 247 million gallons and in August of 2019, water usage was 290 million gallons, an increase of 17.44%.
Under Stage 3, all water customers must follow a once a week watering schedule based on the last number of their address.
• Addresses ending in 0 or 1 may water on Mondays before 10 a.m. and from 7 p.m. to midnight.
• Addresses ending in 2 or 3 may water on Tuesdays before 10 a.m. and from 7 p.m. to midnight.
• Addresses ending in 4 or 5 may water on Wednesdays before 10 a.m. and from 7 p.m. to midnight.
• Addresses ending in 6 or 7 may water on Thursdays before 10 a.m. and from 7 p.m. to midnight.
• Addresses ending in 8 or 9 may water on Fridays before 10 a.m. and from 7 p.m. to midnight.
• No watering allowed on Saturday or Sunday.
Hand watering is permitted on all weekdays, regardless of address, with a hand-held positive shutoff nozzle or up to a five-gallon bucket before 10 a.m. and from 7 p.m. to midnight. Car washing is only permitted at commercial facilities.
All water customers must comply with the restrictions above, or risk a fine.
Watering Enforcement: The City will enforce water restrictions. Customers will receive warnings prior to facing administrative fees. The goal is to educate residents on the proper watering times and to make sure sprinkler systems are set up properly.
• First violation – customer given a yellow violation notice and information on the water schedule.
• Second violation – customer given a red notice, letter from the City outlining the water violation and a visit from city staff to discuss how to conserve and comply with the water restrictions.
• Third violation – customer will receive a letter from the City and a $100 administrative fee added to the customer’s water bill.
• Final notice – customer will be sent a certified letter from the City notifying them that their water will be disconnected. There is a $50 reconnect fee that must be paid before the water service is reconnected.
Report any watering restriction violations to the City of Pflugerville Public Works Department at 512-990-6400. Tips on saving water are available at www.pfreshwater.com
Manville Water Supply remains under Stage II Mandatory Watering Restrictions effective August 6, 2019. All customers most follow our watering schedule posted here on our website.
No irrigation systems or hose-end sprinkler between the hours of 10:00am and 7:00pm. Hand watering is allowed at anytime.